Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Waiting Game

I called Sam yesterday to let him know that I was going to Walmart to pick up some propane for the grill and I would be home later, while I was there, he showed up to drop off some prescriptions. Well...I felt bad for him because he was so sick so I told him to take the gas home and I would wait for his medicine. And Wait I did......

When it was dropped off they said it would take 30 minutes...well, I can't stand to just wait in line so I go browsing....I thought that I would make Sam a homemade Red Velvet Cake to make him feel better, so I go get the flour, buttermilk, cocoa, food coloring, etc... I then go and get in line at the pharmacy(30 minutes are up), wait in line another 10 minutes only to be told "It's not ready, give us 30 minutes)!!!!

Sooooo....    I go browsing again, this time I find myself in the craft section and I decide that I'm going to make my Granddaughters a Tutu. I get all the material needed and head back to the pharmacy. I wait in line another 10 minutes only to be told...guess what? you got it...."it's not ready, give us ten more minutes."

I was LIVID! I also decided to just wait at the counter because...quite frankly, I just couldn't AFFORD any more " Browsing".

Finally got the prespriptions, paid for them and all my other goodies and headed home. I hate to wait but...

Sam got a Red Velvet Cake




and the girls each got a Tutu!

No comments: