Monday, April 14, 2008

There's no place like home, there's no place like home


Well...We are officially home! I've been in the "just visiting" mode for three months, but now it has finally sunk in....we live in Alabama. There are many people that I miss so badly in Greenville, that I'll forever miss, but they will always be a part of my life. There are many things that I have to get used to again. For example...Tornadoes! I had forgotten just how many more bad storms we have here. In the 13 years we were in Greenville, I can't remember being under a Tornado Warning, A Watch...yes, but not a Warning. In the 3 months we've been here, we've been under a Tornado Warning, no less than 10 times. I also have to get used to having family around all the time. Even though I loved Greenville, there were times that I would have loved to be able to just go down the road and see family and spend the afternoon with them. It's difficult some times to live in a city where you have no family around. I can't begin to explain to you how it feels to keep my Granddaughter every day and see my Grandson in the afternoons, to cook for everybody, to go to my nieces softball games, to sit on the front porch with my Mom and brother in the afternoon, to go to Church and know that you're related to half of the congregation. These are a fraction of the things that I didn't know that I had missed so bad. There's still one empty spot in my life right now....but he'll be "home" from Clemson in a few weeks.

No comments: