Monday, January 19, 2009

Let it Snow...Please

When I no longer thrill to the first snow of the season, then I know I'm getting old. --Lady Bird JohnsonWell... been there ,done that. Another wasted day of running to look out the window, checking the Weather Channel and hoping against hope that we could get some snow. Living in the South definitely has its advantages but snowfall is not one of them. As a child it was downright frustrating to go to bed with the hopes that God would answer your prayers with a foot of snow, then to wake up and run excitedly to the window to see... NOTHING! But on those rare ocasions when we did get snow, it was awesome! First, you had the day home, and if you were lucky...you'd get to eat SNOW CREAM! I cringe at the thought of it today, but the excitement of not having electricity and having to keep warm by the fire and using candles and kerosene lamps to light the house made for memories that still make me smile. So...needless to say, I would love to see it snow, just once this year...if not...
Hurry up Spring!

No comments: