Monday, July 9, 2007

IT'S JULY THE 9TH!!!!




NOT THE 4TH!

Do people not know this? Every night since the 4th I have had to put up with fireworks being shot not far from my house. I am usually at my computer at night and since we have no air conditioner, I raise my window, only to be assaulted by the constant boom, boom, boom. Maybe I'm just getting "old". ( I will be a Grandmother of 2, you know). It wouldn't bother me as much if it were kids outside shooting the fireworks, but they don't start until 10:00 or 11:00, and the voices and laughter are definitely older.... yep, teenagers.


I just need to remember....


*How fun it was as a teenager on hot summer nights to be outside hanging out with friends.


*How we didn't think about the fact that we might be disturbing others


*How we were just caught up in the moment, we were being young, we weren't hurting anyone.



I just need to remember....



Maybe... I'll just close my window

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ought to close the window and come to bed!(but don't start channel flipping!)