Sunday, June 17, 2007

The 1st

Father's Day is a bittersweet time for me. Josh and Jake will call their Dad. Cody will wake up and wish his Dad a happy Father's Day. Sam will call his Dad. We will call Jake on his 1st Father's Day. My Mom will call my Grandfather. My Daughter-in-Laws will call their Dad. Gabe will smile at his Dad. But....I can't call mine. And for the first time my cousins can't call theirs.
This is the 1st Father's Day without Uncle Avery.

After a death,
The 1st is always the worst: 1st Thanksgiving, 1st Christmas, 1st birthday and of course if you've lost a Dad....the 1st Father's Day. It does get easier, although it's hard to believe.

The first thing you do is think about the last Father's Day, and you wonder....Did you tell him enough that you loved him, did you thank him for being a wonderful Dad, did he ever realize how much his approval meant to you, and how grateful you were that your kids had such a wonderful Grandfather?
Probably Not....so to all those Dads that are special to us:

My Brother Greg, My son Jake, My brother-in-law Tony, My father-in-law Leon, My Grandfather, & Our friend Koz.



You are all wonderful Dads and Your Children and very blessed.

Love you all,
***** Happy Father's Day *****

No comments: