Friday, June 15, 2007

FATHER'S DAY



DADDY'S HANDS
I remember daddy's hands folded silently in prayer.
And reachin' out to hold me, when I had a nightmare.
You could read quite a story in the callous' and lines.
Years of work and worry had left their mark behind.
I remember daddy's hands how they held my mama tight.
And patted my back for something done right.
There are things that I'd forgotten that I loved about the man,
But I'll always remember the love in daddy's hands.
Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin'.
Daddy's hands were hard as steel when I'd done wrong.
Daddy's hands weren't always gentle,
but I've come to understand....
There was always love in daddy's hands.
If I could do things over, and live my life again.
I would never take for granted the love in daddy's hands

By Holly Dunn



**************

I'll love you and miss you... forever & a day

No comments: