Saturday, June 9, 2007

Lessons from the special Women in my life

Mom- Growing up, my mom was not the huggy, kissy type mom, However, I never had any doubt that she loved me. I always knew that she was the one person that I could always count on. Our house was always full of kids, my parents took in several foster children over the years and my mom became " mom " to many. My dad died 8 years ago and she has had to adjust to living alone. She has had her share of broken bones ( arm, leg, many toes) but she still tries to do as much on her own as possible.
The lesson I take from my mother is STRENGTH.
Aunt A'trice- Growing up, I probably stayed at my aunts house as much as my own. For the past few years she had been dealing with the fact that the love of her life (Uncle Avery) was slowing slipping away because of Alzheimer's. Uncle Avery died in November 2006 and Aunt A'trice was there as she had been for over 50 years.
The lesson I take from Aunt A'trice is COMMITMENT.
Wendy- My sister. While blood may not connect us, our hearts do. Wendy is someone who overcame a childhood that would have broken the spirit of many, Wendy was not going to let that stop her from having a fulfilling life for her and her family.
The lesson I take from Wendy is DETERMINATION.
Melody- My Sister-in-law. I don't know many people with a heart as big as this woman's. Melody is always there with a helping hand. The best part is, you don't have to ask for her to help, she just does.
The lesson I take from Melody is CHARITY.
*
*
*
I am convinced that the influence of an army of godly women will be incalculable--in our homes, our churches, and our culture. Will you be one of those women?
Nancy Leigh DeMoss

No comments: