Saturday, August 18, 2007

Back to Clemson

Well, we moved our youngest back to Clemson today. He was not supposed to move in until Sunday but his roommate is a new transfer and was able to move in today, so Cody went ahead and moved in also. Which was fine to us, because I really wasn't looking forward to moving on Sunday. I won't go into all the details of the day, but I will say....Cody was ready for us to leave as soon as he unpacked. And...that's okay, I have to remember that this was different from last year. Last year he was a freshman and I think he was comfortable having his parents there, helping. But...he's a sophomore now and really don't need us as much. So.... of course, I tried to stay as long as possible. While he and his roommate unloaded, I started putting things away in his kitchen. Every trip up the stairs,with his arms full, he would look at me and say, "Mom, don't worry about that, I'll do it". I finally got the hint and kissed him good-bye and that's when I realize that my "freshman" feelings haven't changed. My Baby's moved out!




Packing up his truck



Around Campus and Downtown Clemson



His Apartment from the outside
and the inside




Of course this was the first item moved in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It's ok Mom, I'll do it"

I didn't mean it like THAT!!

I didn't want to you have to do all that stuff or have to carry anything up and down stairs, I knew ya'll had been waiting on me for hours in a hot car so I figured you were ready to go out and have your anniversary date!!

LOVE YOU! COME VISIT ANY TIME

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until the old Gaffer gets invited over to watch a game or movie on the 62" HD Big Screen!